View Single Post
      04-20-2011, 02:08 AM   #10
AusX1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D Sport

My dealer's initial prices for various models are WELL over RRP on the BMW Aust website. The website states BMW Aust do not support discounting and that dealers are free to charge a premium over and above the website RRP's. I can't remember how much extra my dealer wanted initially. Pricing for the options was not too far off the list above. With Luxury car tax I don't know when it's charged, but I think the threshold has something to do with fuel economy/diesel motors. If you have gone into the realm of LCT being charged then suddenly every extra dollar spent above the threshold would probably have 30% or something added???

Try not to lose sleep over it too much... I see your car is due for delivery any day now.

As far as the broker list above, well if they can buy you a car wholesale from BMW Aust and have it optioned out at the basic pricing then it's a no brainer for them to be able to easily undercut dealers and still make plenty of money without having to leave their desk, pay for demo cars, building, staff, etc. You'd have to wonder though how you'd get on with dealing with a BMW dealer thereafter for servicing, warranty work etc.
Appreciate 0