12-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #69
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanlieu View Post
I think that is because its more relevant and interesting. There are dozens of performance reviews of cars, including any car mag. Quirks and little things often are overlooked. Having seen dozens of his videos some are better then others. This one really didn't stand out IMHO.

Lot of hatorade being spilled to Doug but ask yourself this: if he was such a putz why would people hand over their million dollar cars for him to drive? He's not OG Top Gear, or an automotive celebrity. He is an engineering dork who worked for Porsche USA marketing for a while.

His latest video is a 959. Yup. Would not surprise me if he gets to drive an F1 some day.

As for the E60 M5, the resale values on it speak volumes. You can get them for 1/3 the price of an older E39....so there must be a few nuggets of truth in there eh?

Do I love to hear one driving by banging it off redline? For sure. Do I get any envy to own one...nopes. I prefer my far more reliable 335d...hey, at least you can rip off the bad parts

- b
If we were to rank doug to the whole population of car reviewers I would put him top %5 lol. So much garbage content on youtube nowadays.

title suggestion

LOUD M5 shoots flame and Races state trooper

actauly video(20mins) actual content (40 seconds of an m5 pulled over) the rest some guy talking lol

Chris harris really needs to review more. And top gear needs to be back all the way.
Appreciate 0