AK_Wes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicone View Post
Thanks Wes,

How did you setup the USB port? Are the wires just sort of sticking out to the side? I’m assuming the backup cam only works when the unit is on, not when you are in the factory system? As far as Bluetooth, do you only link to the car or to both systems? What other problems are you having? So many questions, lol.

Thanks !
Hey Steve,

I ran the two included USB cords into the glove box, which once you have the dash apart is super easy to do. I haven't noticed any issues opening or closing the glove box with the wiring running in through through the top.

I'm a little confused when you ask about the backup camera only working when the unit is on..... The display is always on when you start the vehicle or have the key in the ignition, so no matter what system or display you are in the backup camera always works. The backup camera is super fast to display information and is super clear by the way. I'm really impressed by the backup camera, because it automatically displays even if the android computer hasn't finished booting after initially starting the vehicle.

The Bluetooth I initially started linking to both systems, however I just find myself using Apple CarPlay all the time now. I feel like Apple CarPlay is by far the best feature of the device if you use an iPhone that is. I also think there is a higher audio quality using Apple CarPlay, as I wasn't all that impressed with the bluetooth audio quality. I think some other folks mentioned that same issue with the bluetooth audio quality before also.

Other than these items, I am honestly not having other problems at all. I am super happy I took the time to make this modification.

Give me a shout if you need some other info or photos. Good luck if you pull the trigger on one of these units!

Wes
Appreciate 0