View Single Post
      04-01-2015, 07:53 AM   #7
spoolinX1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

Won't have enough free time to fully install these until this weekend, but I couldn't resist the urge to see what the halo's looked like. I plugged the factory harness leading to my OEM Halogen headlight into the Depo Xenon housing last night just to make sure things work. I didn't have any bulbs in the housing. Was very pleased with the result.

The corona rings are VERY BRIGHT. Color is true white. No yellow, no blue. I should have turned around and taken a picture to show that this one headlight easily lit up half of a 3.5 car garage.

For reference, I took a photo of my halogen housing at the exact same time. This was under the same lighting conditions and camera settings. You can obviously see the difference in brightness and color.

One thing to note is that these housings do not appear to use replaceable bulbs for the corona rings. At least not from what I can see. The LED's appear to be imbedded into the plastic of the halos which are directly to headlight harness. If the LED ever fails (Which I'm hoping is unlikely), you will not be able to replace anything without completely disassembling the housing. I don't really see that being an issue due to what seems to be good quality parts used, but I'm just offering complete, unbiased disclosure. There are two small electrical boxes inside each headlight with wires leading to and from them. One is just a small black plastic box, the other is a box that has a 2" rectangular copper colored aluminum heat sink on the top of it. Not sure what either of them is, but I imagine at least one is the power supply for the LED corona rings.

Last edited by spoolinX1; 04-01-2015 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 0