View Single Post
      01-22-2016, 06:23 AM   #23
GrantE83
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 E83

Right, been a while since I have updated this..

BMW heard no noise relating to the timing chain after numerous tests, they did replace a gearbox mount. The nosie that I can hear is suppousdly normal for around the 50,000 mile mark?

Anyway if the noise does get any worse, I have in writing from my finance company that the noise is normal and not to be alarmed. If it does get worse I will be getting it diagnosed my self and going from there.

I have sorted out Gap Insurance on the car also which I completely forgot about as I didn't want it from the dealership I bought it from.

The car is dirty and been clocking up some miles through the winter. Changed the front wipers and put in my pipercross panel filter.

Will be doing another oil change in March before show season doing some motorway journeys.

I'm in talk with a couple of people to buy some BC Racing Coilovers for the E84. I was opting for H&R Springs and Bilstein B6 shocks but for the same price I can get adjustable coilovers.

I've had the tyres removed from my X5 wheels and they have been acid dipped and my friend at MJR vehicle repairs in Canvey Island is going to be painting them for me. These are going a dark grey. Will be getting my new tyres for these over the next couple of months.

The wheels / tyres / suspension will go on early april I'm just going to line the bits up and get them ready.

I have had my mate code a couple bits in to the car for me. US ambers running, indicator to flash 5 times rather than 3, flash when lock, digital speedo and a couple other bits and pieces.

Will hopefully be getting a half decent clean up in Feb / March as I have some stiicker residue to remove, car itself needs a good clean as the salty roads have taken their toll.

Pictures soon.
Appreciate 0