shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
That's not how the NFLPA works. Releasing a player doesn't guarantee you don't have to pay or you can recoup your spendings. Even a half-wit attorney can easily say - "Recoup his prior salaries? Please show the court how his alleged (speaking as the attorney not my personal opinion) DUI in Oct 2021 impacted the team in any way shape or form in September of 2021. August, July. Better yet, show us how it impacted the team in 2020."

Please don't get me wrong. He royally fucked up. Period. The book should be thrown at him - he took an innocent life (well, two lives, including the golden retriever) I'm just saying, there's attorneys out there that can minimize the damage he will absorb. The bigger impact will be how Ruggs carries himself from now until trial.

As for the bail, my comment was in reference to the state. State requested 1 mil for bail. Didn't happen.

Lastly. He already hired the best of the best. Durst's former attorney. DiCaprio. Mike Tyson. Ronaldo. List goes on.

Like I said. This is how the world works. Unfortunately or in the case of a select few, fortunately.
Teams get signing bonuses back all the time. They put language in to nearly all the contracts that if a player gets cut for conduct detrimental to the team, the team has an opportunity to recoup signing bonuses. Im not talking salaries, as that isnt something they can recoup, but the signing bonus can.
Signing bonus for sure. Especially for conduct detrimental to the organization, most definitely but salary wise, like you said, they can't recoup. Especially guaranteed salaries like Ruggs - he's got a chunk of his money already. Minus the remaining years.

Wins the golden ticket and then pisses it away…….
Appreciate 0