View Single Post
      09-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #191
amgraham
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 x35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabman5 View Post
So, I see a lot of grilled steaks and burgers in this thread and not much smoked meat, which happens to be my favorite. I typically smoke some ribs, brisket, pork butt & chicken a few times over the season. Today we're having ribs and chicken. I have to say that the ribs came out great today. Perfect amount of smoke (apple wood) and tenderness.
rabman5, I've got the same grill/smoker except I've got the 600... with the infrared on the right side. I love smoking too; did an 11 lb pork butt last weekend. I like having all three options available: smoke, bbq and infrared, for convenience on weeknights.

Have you smoked cheese yet? Obviously, you can't do it in the summer since you want to cold-smoke and keep the smoker below 60 or so. Being from MI, you could take the same approach as I do in PA and wait for a cold snap in the winter when you have 2-3 days with a high of no more than 10 or 15 degrees. When I see one in the forecast, I go out and buy 10-20 blocks of cheese at Wal-Mart, cheap, and smoke 'em for 2-3 days straight. It means getting up in the middle of the night once or twice to stoke the coals but worth it...
Appreciate 0