View Single Post
      02-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #8
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidgamer View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure I even knew about the X1 when I started looking for my next car. But between the color, hatchback, fast speed, sporty handling, etc., it all seemed to make sense. It ticked all the boxes. It seemed almost surreal.

Wow, sounds like a great deal! I don't think I got a great deal, but it's a car that I like for less than I was thinking of spending on a car, so, yay.

Yeah its actually pretty insane. Replacing it will be a PITA...

Quote:
Yes, it seems like a bit of a sleeper.

I think you mentioned Subaru? We had a Subaru Forester XT, and that was kind of a lifted-station-wagon look, and it was fast with decent handling. This car feels strangely similar! Big difference, the X1 gets much better mileage; we only got something like 19mpg out of that Subaru.
Yeah at a likely (estimated) ~360-370 whp from everything I added. Though it was never the intended purpose, it definitely gives 90% of cars on the road a run for their money. Wolf in sheep's clothing for sure.

I actually really considered a Forester XT as a good competitor to the X1! It is definitely a bigger "cuv" but I don't think it handles as well. Not sure why but it was almost impossible to find one near me either.

Quote:
Gaaah! I would rather lower it and make it more of a car/hatchback! It already looks lifted to me....

Nice photos.
Haha trust me, I know. All my car buddies gave me the standard "....but why!?!?" intervention when they saw what I was going for with the lift.

It sits up so much more like an X3/X4 from the front now that I wouldn't be surprised if people thought it was an X3 at first glance. The Bilstein B6's really make it handle a LOT better than before, so despite going higher, it actually feels tremendously more stable.

I'll try to get better pictures of the lift / stance as it sits now.

| 3-IM | AA Headers | Eurocharged Stage-3 | BMW PI |
Appreciate 0