View Single Post
      11-27-2018, 02:13 PM   #152
MOJO007
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2013

Hi.

I'm not able to trawl through all the post on here, search function is not great normally on forums.

Ok my cuz has an X1 2013. I'm looking to install 100w 5000k hid kit for him. His car doesn't come with projectors, so he will be ordering a set of those units.

I understand that the fuse box in not present around the engine bay area. What I want to know, is there a gap/hole in the engine bay area to connect the tap circuit to the fuse box inside the car? (below glovebox).

Anything else I should be aware of. I have install hid many times, just not on a car with the fuse box inside the car and I don't have access to the car to look as we live 120miles apart.

PS: A lot of you guys are having a lot of coding or problems because a relay harness isn't install. The relay will solve the flicker issue or on for 1 sec then off. The relay will need to be connected to the positive terminal in the car, i.e battery but that is in the boot; or add a circuit to the fuse box - that is inside the car! Hence my original question.

# I think if there is no hole to feed a wire from the engine bay area into the fuse box then I probably have to drill a small hole to do so.

# Now I know that there is a jumper start positive terminal in the engine bay I would be soldering the relay positive wire to that, it should work. I will update when I actually get around to doing it. My cuz first have to buy the projector headlight units and fit that in.

Last edited by MOJO007; 12-07-2018 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 0