View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 01:24 AM   #21
kaptenkirk
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 23d Xdrive 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerX1 View Post
If we going to hijack this treat I will spam my pictures as well.

Most picture are from the BMW dealer where I bought the car as Premium Selection so I have guaranty all over the country (not sure all over Europe).
On the outside not much have changed.

I asked the dealer to de-badge the “X1” on the rear and the “xdrive23d” on the sides. Ugly yellow light from the Angel Eye’s and the fog lights are now nice white (as the full interior is made white led's as well instead of the ugly outdated yellow), good thing is that the leds in the door handles are stock white colour.

Still to come is a Bilstein (Eibach) B12 Prokit what lowers the car 30mm. Putting on 20” rims for summer with non RFT tires and wil keep my 18” stock rims for the winter with RFT winter tires.
(Note to myself, still need to buy a tire repair kit and a rim stand tree for the not used rim set.)

I know they’re pretty expensive. Much difference with a 1 series and there’s only a very little gap with the 3 series or even the X3. Mine is from 2010 with a price of 54K Euro (start price back then was 38KEuro and bought it October 2013 for 27k.

Just seen a X1 2.0i in the show room (facelift already) with 0km’s but price reduction due to stock model and it has a price tag of 27K, almost no option at all but it has a double tailpipe for it immense 184hp.

Still, the engine, xdrive, AT, … and all the options are worth it. I love that moon roof! All the other stuff like heated seats are considered already as normal.

Things I sometimes miss are ‘easy entrance/keyless go’ and the M-pakket, you hardly find M-pakket X1’s here, if there where I would probably bought a white one instead of a black one, it is to camouflage the raw black bumpers.

I would only trade my car in for a Mercedes GLA 4.5 AMG(it is a 2l engine petrol) or X4/X6 (with very big engine, sucks for taxes but the heavy weight of the car needs it). I have the money but then again life is more than a car alone (and you don’t need to raid your bank account) so I will spend that money on other things in the future.

About the tuning and gearbox, it didn’t run smooth on the 1st setup, my output was +-265hp/480nm but it was like this: In all gear but the worst in 4th it ticked 5000-5300rpm, stuck there for 1-3 second before changing gear. Not healthy at all, it is a diesel!

They changed the tuning a little and reduced a bit and runs smooth on +- 260/470 now where throttle response and changing gears is much faster then stock. So I can believe if you say ZF guaranties 450nm and that will be the reason that Alpina and co keep it on the ‘sissy’ safe side. Tuner told me my X1 didn’t needed to be a shame to follow (couldn't keep up ofc) he’s tuned E9x 330d.

Need to take other picture's, for sure when I got my 20" rims and sport suspension but even before. Friends have a Mercedes CLA (AMG look), Audi A3 (S look), F30 320d Touring with M pakket, TT convirtible,... plenty of car's to ask for a shoot with baby BMW SUV.

It´s ok to spam pics

The X1 always looks good in black, but I have owned one black car before, and I have never washed a car as much They look great when clean, but they get dirty sooooo fast

Your summer plans sounds great, 20" rims and new dampers, sounds fun. going to be interesting to see that.

I think exactly the same as you regarding options on a car, I could have bought almost a new 1.8d without any options at the same price… But it just isn´t worth it

Not spending everything on a car sounds smart, but they shire are fun things to spend money on… And easy to spend money on.
But there is a number of cars that could replace the X1, but i think it will be a slightly bigger car, like the X3 or the F11 5-series.

Glad to hear your tune went well, and nice that the car feels more responsive in gear changing.

Get out there and get rid of the cold and snow and put on them 20´s
Appreciate 0