View Single Post
      04-24-2018, 06:12 AM   #3
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I am very sorry to hear about Dave. It sounds like the last several months have been very difficult. It also sounds like you did everything you could possibly do to help him but the situation was not going to improve. Our dogs rely on us to make decisions for them that are in their best interest, including the final one. It is so difficult to deal with these situations even when it is clearly the right decision for them because it is in our nature to help those we love and keep them with us, even when that is not possible. But ultimately you and your wife made the right decision for Dave and placed his needs above your's, which is such a difficult thing to do.

The pain is real. I wish I had a way to tell you how to make it go away. You and your wife need to spend some time grieving in your own way and over time your thoughts of Dave should slowly gravitate towards all those good years and less on the final months / final decision. It is difficult and I am sorry you need to go through it.
Peasley247.00
SakhirM410783.00
drexplode1763.50