BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTTY View Post
Thank you for your quick answer.

I don't think longer bolts are such an issue, at least I will not be afraid to use them

And thanks again for sharing your findings.

Could be that the longer bolts are a bigger problem in my head then actual for the safety of the car.

I think the rim looks nice like it is. The ET is 36 (3 series) against the 30 (stock X1 rim) so I was afraid for this since it goos 6mm more to the inside.

No problems rubbing and optical very good on the front side.
At the rear without the 20mm spacers the rim is to far to the inside, optical that is (8J ET36 also) so with the 20mm extra optical it is perfect. The rear tires could stand a little bit wider then the front. I did choose for the same dimension of rim/tires for the xdrive.

The 405 style rim is a design that is flat, that makes it that you don't need a rim that is very wide. It looks very high (20" does look like 20", lol) and it is light weight (this is the reason I wanted OEM stuff and not replicas), they're actually lighter then my stock 18", the non run flats safe some weight to.

A friend of me was asking about them but he drives a F10 530d so I advised him not to buy the same rims as me but to go for the M6GC 20" (9.5J for the front axle, would fit at the rear but not in the front on the X1) or the 7 series 21" (8.5J but couldn't find that low profile tire for our X1). I'll post a picture of both of them. They're very bad ass.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0