02-05-2018, 05:36 PM   #60
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsar12 View Post
Thinking about raising our M-sport for my wife. Looking for a raised seating position and getting rid of the chuck wagon harshness. The dealer installed Dinan Stage 2 and lowering springs before we bought it and lowered it down to the jounce bumpers. We later found out that they used a lowering kit for a 335. So how does the change in tire diameter affect the speedo and shift points and how much can I expect to gain in height from the Eibach springs over a car that sits 3/4" lower than a regular M-sport?
Hmm, if they kept stock shocks on the car then swapping to the Eibach lift springs should give around 1.75" lift compared to what you have now.

Tire diameter did change shift points and also puts the engine in boost a fair amount more, translating to lower MPG. I wouldn't recommend 225/55/18 to anyone unless they had to have an All Terrain tire (this is the smallest 18" A/T I could find).

The issue I have with recommending the lift kit to anyone is that it throws the alignment off a fair amount, at which point camber plates are needed to actually correct it. I'd start off swapping to stock X1 springs to see how it rides/feels, and maybe only a slightly oversized tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonator View Post
Just read through the post and maybe I missed it. Will the 225/55/18 fit with the lift, but with no other modifications?
Rear portion of the fender well needs to be modified - there's a pinch weld that gets in the way with my wheel specs. Perhaps one wouldn't have to modify it if they were using higher offset wheels but I like the slight poke look, so it was worth it to me.

As far as an updates to this thread, I've had my timing chain (and other relevant parts) replaced with the updated part numbers under my CPO warranty. I had the car in the dealership for thermostat failure and the tech working on the car was kind enough to push for this replacement. I was quite happy when they gave me the good news!

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0