06-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #20
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by derSpeed View Post
I love it. You may have a legitimate need for running boards. I think they would look great on your car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-2010-201...3D200992073476
These are pretty sweet! Definitely considering ordering these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANTLDN View Post
Looks fun
Thanks! It's a very different feeling to turn traction control off, put it in manual mode, and mash on the gas in some loose dirt, or climbing up something that an average road-going vehicle wouldn't make it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTony View Post
Hi tiltmode43,
I'm just about to put Weathertech Side Window Deflectors on mine.
Good to see how they look on yours and the Mods you are doing for offroad.

Recommended for 8.5" MIN.225 - IDEAL 235/245 - MAX.255.

Great write up of how you are enjoying your X1.
This is true for 225/45/18 however 225/55/18 is spec'd to 18x6.0"-18x8.0" per the tire manufacturers. Installing and running on the 18x8.5 has been fine so far *knocks on wood*.

The weathertechs are great, nice purchase. I appreciate the kind words! It's been fun driving the X1 differently than I would a normal car, or how most others do around here. Hopefully it helps add some more flavor to the boards. It's also fun seeing the looks on peoples' faces when they see a BMW rolling into an OHV area

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3series View Post
Your X1 looks sweet. I'm in the market and had an idea of how I wanted it to look after throwing some mods at it. Your's pretty much nailed it. Looks like it's ready for the zombie apocalypse HaHa
Thanks! Most X1 owners lower them and make them more car-like. I tried the other approach and am loving every second of it! It's kind of funny though, compared to other X1's it might look different but to the average driver it just looks more like an X3 now, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
Looks great!

Thanks!

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 3