United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Why not just get the jb4?

First off, it's much more expensive, so not a comparable product.

But to the point, the car has had two different JB4s on it. It currently has one on it as we speak.

Both JB4s (fully updated) slowly run the water pump after the car shuts off. Kills the battery after a few days. It's a common problem, and all the common solutions (rewiring the power, etc.) hasn't solved it. Burger has no answer.

So, as it's my wife's car, I wanted to throw on something simple that would give a little more get-up (which she likes), without the hassle of battery issues, pulling it on and off for CPO repairs, etc.

As the car sits now, I have to charge it every 4-5 days.

If we keep it, I'll probably send the DME off to be benched flashed and go MHD...until then, just looking for a <$150 solution to keep it fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Why not just get the jb4?

First off, it's much more expensive, so not a comparable product.

But to the point, the car has had two different JB4s on it. It currently has one on it as we speak.

Both JB4s (fully updated) slowly run the water pump after the car shuts off. Kills the battery after a few days. It's a common problem, and all the common solutions (rewiring the power, etc.) hasn't solved it. Burger has no answer.

So, as it's my wife's car, I wanted to throw on something simple that would give a little more get-up (which she likes), without the hassle of battery issues, pulling it on and off for CPO repairs, etc.

As the car sits now, I have to charge it every 4-5 days.

If we keep it, I'll probably send the DME off to be benched flashed and go MHD...until then, just looking for a <$150 solution to keep it fun.

I'm going Mhd myself just to see how flash only is. I have jb4 and mhd on my 135i n54 and it definitely isn't running the pump. I wonder if that's an n55 only bug?

I really should send out my ecu soon.
Appreciate 0