View Single Post
      06-26-2018, 08:00 AM   #11
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by themishmosh View Post
Interesting. I get a 387F code related to battery draw that I've been getting since ive had the jb4. I can still start the car after 4-5 days but the voltage is quite low.

I've had the JB4 on the car for 4 years. However, the car was parked outside (ambient noise) and was driven almost daily. As the draw on the battery is very slight, and the electronic whine/buzz from the pump very, very slight (not like a full running pump, just a hum)...I just never noticed an issue.

Last year we moved into a building with an underground parking lot, and the car is driven once a week at most.

In the quiet garage, I noticed the faint electronic buzz and had both the original and a new battery draw flat after like a week of sitting.

You can pull the ground on and off of the JB4 and shut the pump on and off in real time. So it's definitely the JB4. Tried another one, same thing. No solution from Terry.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0