07-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #4241
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Wait a minute......"accidentally" said I love you? No one accidentally says this. Lots of thought went into this.....from how to say it, when to say it, etc. Especially if it came from the female first. I can assure you, if she said it, it was well planned and thought out for weeks before it was muttered.

I too am curious as to how the rest of the exchange followed. I've been lucky enough to share the sentiment of anyone who has ever said it to me. I mean, how does a person respond to such a thing in the event that the feeling is not mutual?

It's a weird feeling. I remember back when I was dating after my divorce. I went through pretty much all the available women in my town and the next town over.

Had a friend sat me up with my now wife who was from a few hours away. She was the first person I went out with for longer than probably 6 weeks or so. About 6 months into dating, she told me that she loved me.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I told her I was sorry, but I couldn't tell her the same thing. I also told her she should respect the fact that I could be that honest with her, and didn't want to lead her on. But I said I still wanted to see where things would go.

It was about 6 months after that...I asked her if she remembered telling me that. She said yes...and I told her that I was at that point now, and could say the same to her and actually mean it.

We were married a year later.

Maybe it sounds cruel...but you guys have to know that I actually never planned on getting married again. I had almost 7 years to myself. I learned I could be happy on my own, and didn't need anyone to make me happy.

I had my own nice place, custody of my daughter, a few fun cars....and basically my pick of women in this small town whenever I wanted as I guess at 27-34 years old...they were desperate.

And when you add in the attitude that I had of "I could care less"....it was like I had a magnet drawing them in. I was never mean or rude to anyone....but I let them know up front I was out to have fun and not looking for anything serious.

But I guess they thought they could be the one to change my mind.
MKSixer34184.50
Soul_Glo13347.00
cmyx6go15761.00