06-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #16
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
i think it's the car.

i used to switch cars every 1-2 years. until i bought a 1M almost 4.5 years ago. i honestly have 0 desire to own anything else......literally NONE. it actually scares me that i may never be able to drive anything else! lol. It's literally everything i want a car to be...and modern cars are becoming more and more detached.

the key is to buy your 'dream' car in dream spec, colour, etc. not just whatever everyone else likes.....if you have to replace them too soon it means you haven't developed any emotional attachment to them. In order to have an emotional attachment to an object it has to REALLY sing to you. Forget reviews, forget opinions....channel the version of you that was 7 years old playing with toy cars on the floor. That was me and my E30 M3 radio control toy i had as a kid. My 1M feels like that radio control car.
You don't have the disease as bad as I do...I specced my 2 caymans exactly as I wanted from the factory and my z4 coupe was the exact spec I wanted and it was my dream car and yet I tired of them all...enjoy the ride
Appreciate 0