Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Rmtt

Sounds like a sweet deal and they appreciate you and value your opinion. I don't agree with you being too young yet for a VP title, especially if you are already doing the job. Are they going to recruit for a VP or leave the position open giving you the opportunity in the future?

Question is, do you like what you do? Can you make a difference? But everyday is like getting into a batting cage with it set on high-speed....and me at the plate blindfolded and my arms tied behind my back.
Can you work with the President to change culture internally so that you get support?

Thanks for the kind words. They will probably end up not filling the position because it leaves one less person to pull from their bonus pool. That way they can still show a healthy bottom line, and the pay-out to them is higher without impacting cost.

I love what I do as it is a skill that I can use anywhere. And I like the people that report to me as they are competent and try to improve things when they can. I protect those guys pretty fiercely as when something goes wrong here...it's second nature to blame the equipment.

Unfortunately the President is one who can be presented all the information, and he will get onto the people responsible and tell them it has to change.....but he is so busy he rarely has time to follow up to see if anything was done aside from the next monthly meeting...and then it's like we do the same thing over again.

A lot of it is my fault. I personally invest myself too much into things to a point to where I even carry it home. So there is work that needs toi be done on my end as well.
King Rudi13154.00