08-14-2015, 06:06 PM   #70
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
Another thought...but first a question.

Is it true (as most claim), that the ediff is in fact off until you deactivate both DSC and DTC?

If that's true, perhaps another route is to code out DSC and DTC.

Edit, maybe that's not true afterall...

"BMW's Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system ensures that the vehicle remains stable when taking bends, speeding up or braking on uneven road surfaces or in poor driving conditions. The Automatic Differential Brake (ADB-X) is part of this system. Using sophisticated electronics, it offers the same function as a mechanical differential brake - without any disadvantages arising from weight and loss of efficiency."
Never thought about coding out DSC and DTC entirely, honestly I never drive with them on so I would be willing to try that.

I also found a parameter called E84_AX_REF_DIFF_LOCK. Any idea what this is?

Check this out:

Quote:
If a wheel threatens to slip, it is individually braked: blocking momentum is directed to the wheel opposite, which thereby guarantees optimum drive power. When DSC or Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) is active, the engine power output is also adjusted.
If the sporting driver chooses to deactivate DSC or DTC, he still has the benefit of ADB-X, which then focuses on maximum forward drive and applies braking force only. A temperature control sensor ensures that the brakes do not overheat.
That is exactly what is killing me on the track.
Appreciate 0