View Single Post
      05-21-2018, 08:45 AM   #72
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I also like downshifting the M6 and timing it so the backfire shocks people sometimes as well. It's a character deficit.

On calling them out, I'm mellowing as I get older and I don't want to cause a scene when I'm enjoying the time I spend with my brother. A few years ago it would have been:

Very cool on your interaction. I'm entitled to a handicap placard due to my severely damaged hips but I rarely use it as there are people in much worse shape than I am and my pain, while severe, tends to be transient. I was at a bar one of the few times I used the placard as I received a stem cell treatment and was in the remodeling phase and in pain as well as stiff. A patron walked in and commented on the "jerk" in the i8 parked in the handicap space when the manager jumped in and told him that it happens to be for a customer that needs it and happens to be a nice guy and he should either STFU or leave. I just smiled inwardly and enjoyed my beer and gave a big tip to the staff. Lol!
That's awesome! Tip of the hat to the staff for sure. After reading your post, I just noticed your garage list.............very nice. I have a friend, the one that went with me on Saturday to see Deadpool, that has a degenerative bone disease who is the same way. Has a placard but very seldom does he ever use it. He just had his second hip replacement 2 weeks ago and this was one of his first ventures out of the house since surgery. Although walking with a cane still refused to use the placard or a handicapped spot in the event that someone else needed it.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50