United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I had the opportunity to live the lack of responsibility, selflessness and plain common sense at the movie theater yesterday. I took my brother, who had a stroke many years ago and is left with a right-side deficit, to the movies to watch Deadpool 2 (FANTASTIC BTW). As we are selecting our seats, we can see that there is only one handicap designated seat available. I typically sit with him in order to render help, if necessary.

I thought nothing of the seats being unavailable until we walk in and see that the 7 seats are occupied by young, able-bodied people who look up at him with the safety-cane and don't bat an eye. I seat him next to one of the able-bodied squatters and trudge up the steps 4 levels above and take my seat. My seat is on an empty row with at least 10 other seats as were the rows that I passed on the way to my seat.

The person sitting next to my brother finally couldn't take the embarrassment any longer, walked upstairs and offered to switch seats. I thanked him as cordially as possible and took the seat next to my brother. I'm composing a letter to the theater management about this problem as this isn't the first time it's occurred. All millennials with the exception of the person who offered to exchange seats with me.

A sad testament of our, "society".
Reminds me of Mother's Day last Sunday. We went out to eat at a restaurant. When we got there the handicap slot was taken, but the SUV in it had the back up lights on, so I waited for a few minutes to see if they would back out. They did not so I drove about 100 further to the next available slot. As we reached the door of the restaurant, someone came out with take-out food and got into the SUV in the handicap slot. The SUV then left. They had been using the handicap slot as a place close to the door to get their food. This is not the first time this has happened to me. People park in the handicap slots (that I really need because of my emphysema) because they are close to the door and they don't think about (nor care) what they are doing.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50