View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
X1blue
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 sdrive 18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by david uk View Post
HI, I collect my X1 Xdrive 1.8tdi next week. I did notice a vibration via my steering wheel during tick over and I did briefly refer to it during my test drive. I am now wondering if it's something I should be concerned about and have looked at before I collect it from dealers.
I am also keen to find out what current owners think of their X1s and also how the Xdrive 1.8tdi handled in the snow ?
Any other views good or bad would be appreciated just to help me see whats the norm for the vehicle and in general what to expect.
Until I collect my X1 I have a Mitsubishi ASX 1.8 Mivtec diesel 4wd which I found to be very good in the snow and do hoe that my X1 Xdrive can match.
I have been a member of a similar forum for ASX owners and found it to be informative along with good humour and chat thrown in.

David UK ( Scotland)
Interesting you have noticed this on an Xdrive. I was beginning to think this was an issue only with the Sdrive.

I don't know if we are simply more aware of the problem now or that it is getting worse with more km (we are at 800 something now) but after a 3.5 hr drive I arrived at the hotel really tired and had a burning sensation in my wrists which made using the PC difficult. I use PCs a lot for work so my wrists might be more sensitive that most, and the motorway isnt the best in the world. That said, I have made the same journey in quite a few different rentals now and its never presented problems before.

Cant comment on the snow, not much of that in Spain! But do be prepared for a rather uncomfortable ride on the longer journeys. My wife joked that she felt as though she had spent 3hrs in a washing machine and I must say that I felt slightly sea-sick! The car is not very stable at speeds >90km, bounces around with road bump or head wind or side wind from passing cars/ trucks.

I will be most interested in reading your impression of the X1 v. the ASX. We looked at the ASX and the Q3 but picked the X1 for the Design Cool Elegance interior and panoramic sunroof. We were completely carried by the brand regarding the mechanicals, didnt pay much attention all to them at the time, it didnt even enter our minds that BMW put cars like this on the road. Lets see what the dealer says..
Appreciate 0