03-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #18
HelVan
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Congratulations HelVan! I decided to choose the 20d and skip the proff navi instead (price) I bought a tom-tom for 240 EUR instead. OK no parking cam, true
I was also checking HARTGE. My dealer said for tuning vs warranty: "I have not heard that question". So maybe after the warranty expires, I'll do it. It is only 2 years (grrrrr) Will see the power. I will have the car soon. I actually have the car (at the dealer) + number plate (just have to be "printed") separately. Now we just have to put them together
ahhh... you are soo close getting that car... 2 weeks seems so looong for me.. haha...

much of the reason why I chose the navi proff was the interior look. I think the interior looks better with the screen there instead of the glove compartment. and I also wanted the idrive controller... My gf had the option to choose one thing on that car..haha.. and she chose the parking cam :P not sure if I should be worried about that choice or not :P

luckily BMW now offers a 5 year warranty in Norway.. that is truly great

I checked with the importer of Hartge in Norway and he said that the warranty on the engine, transmission etc was not void after the installation of the Hartge tuning. He said that the tuner kit must be installed by a BMW certified workshop. Maybe thats why the price of the hartge is 2x-3x as much as an unofficial tunerkit/chip.

Here in norway they have capped down the 140bhp to 136bhp due to high taxes. so after the Hartge tune i will get around 171bhp.

but anyway... gotta "feel" my 18d a couple of weeks first. maybe it has enough power for me after all (thus i doubt it)
Appreciate 0