12-02-2019, 08:49 AM   #4
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjake View Post
My first query is about what people are getting for real-world gas mileage. I was extra sold on the fuel economy of this engine relative to its power. But I am a little skeptical so far that I'll ever see anything within 5 mpg of its high end.
At one point I was able to average 22 mpg. This is in basically all city driving, but driving on city streets that are also highways with speed limits of 45 or 55.

Ultimately, with gas prices being reasonable, I determined the cost difference between 20 mpg and 22 wasn't worth the fun I gave up to get that extra couple of mpg. I've since added a JB4 and drive in sport mode all the time and still get 20 mpg (although with the winter blend, cold and snow it sometimes drops to 19).

My mods have been limited to the JB4 and H&R lowering springs, both of which I highly recommend if you want more oomph and better handling/cornering capabilities.

Size wise the X1 was perfect for me, as we already had a Honda Pilot to handle the family chores, but it still carries way more than you would expect.

Last edited by bucketfoot; 12-02-2019 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0