nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So I have mentioned here in other posts about my situation at work, and with one of our VP's leaving and all the upheaval going on. That VP and I had worked 20 years together through a few different companies.

I hit my boss (President) up the day before I left for vacation with a synopsis of concerns, and itemized list of what I have saved the company in costs in the last 5 years.

I was professional about it, but at the point where I was just tired of it all. I really needed that vacation because I was so burnt out. Long story short, he met with me yesterday to give me news on what he had approved by the owner of the company.

I didn't get a VP title...(which I don't really care about that anyway aside from how it "pads" your resume). He told me that they thought I was still a little bit too young for that although I already manage the Engineering projects for all of our facilities here and abroad.

I did get a salary increase of almost 33%, a restructured bonus percentage, and if the company ever sells I will receive a % of the profit that the current owner makes from the sell as I am considered a "key player". The owner is 84, and has already sold off two places...and each senior manager did get a payout and most kept positions with the company that bought them.

I'm supposed to be signing off on all the paperwork today for it to go into effect and really don't know why I am complaining.

But I think I'm more miffed about the fact that it probably wouldn't have happened if my friend (VP) had not left...and my boss figures the company my friend went to will probably be trying to recruit me soon. It's a place my friend and I have worked at together before for close to 10 years.

But I'm also the type of person that believes in treating people fairly. I have never burnt bridges leaving any place, but have turned down substantial increases in pay as I feel "why am I worth the money when I am leaving" if you didn't feel I was worth it while I was here busting my ass on a daily basis.

I know that this is all petty to be bitching about...but I take pride in what I do and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one here who is trying to do the right thing. But everyday is like getting into a batting cage with it set on high-speed....and me at the plate blindfolded and my arms tied behind my back.

So I have decided to do the only thing I know that I can control and would also directly affect my "value" for the future. And that is to max out what the company allows for ongoing training and start getting some certifications in other areas related to my profession so that I broaden my skill-set as much as possible.
well sometimes hard work pays off! congrats on the raise.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8208.00