View Single Post
      04-12-2019, 06:40 PM   #172
OGMakeInu
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1256 View Post
Welcome OGMakelnu. What year is your x1?, prior maintenance? , did you hear the whine from the timing chain or was the replacement preventative?
She's a 2013. As far as maintenance that I've had done:
Cracked Radiator replaced- $800
Rear Shock Mounts replaced - +/-$200
Rear Differential leak- $ 800
4 Months trouble free and then...
Turbo Wastegate Actuator- $700 (About this, BMW wanted to replace the whole turbo assembly for $4200. My mechanic just replaced the actuator and boom! No limp mode)
Timing Chain- $2250 covered under extended warranty.
I heard no whine in when the timing chain was going out. First, the car had an awkward shake and after a few drives became very violent with the car eventually shutting off. When I took it to my mechanic he said I just made it there as the chain was barely intact.
Rear Differential - $1500 cover under extended warranty.
Everything else is normal maintenance. I know oil is every 10k but, now that BMW isn't doing my oil changes, I just have it done every 5k with my normal mechanic. I'm on the second set of tires and just had the brakes done.
I literally just got the car back from the 2nd rear differential issue. She's driving fine and I hope I can finish the year with no more repairs. The past 3 months have been a nightmare but, luckily the extended warranty has covered these pricey repairs.
Appreciate 0