09-25-2020, 07:35 AM   #61
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
I don't think thats it, its lazy. Its not simple and tough to sip mocha, change stations and chat on the phone while driving. Everything in society has become easy, cars too (have friends that run 1/4's and low the auto...thats their game) This leads to societal change, more traffic, more folks closer to city.

Also bought manual FOR track, that control outweighs simple/speed (mines faster now) IMO. Most folks at my track discuss having a manual..I got 16 so no rev matching
While I like manual transmissions and own a car with one, can you explain to the average car buyer that is only looking to get point to point (by far the majority) why he should get a manual? The "sales pitch" is that it is fun and more difficult but it's only fun if you enjoy doing it? Without "fun" the pitch is that it is more difficult and therefor you should buy it?

Every function of society continues to get more efficient and simpler, call it lazy if you want but the same "sales pitch" could also be used to try to convince someone not to use a navigation system and instead get out the paper maps and figure it out. Some enjoy paper maps and figuring it out but like the automatic transmission, most are just trying to get from point to point and the paper map is nothing more that an inefficient irritation.