View Single Post
      05-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #52
GrantE83
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 E83

So to keep this thread alive.

I have got the car back from the body shop and they seem to have done a job I'm satisfied with, although they did kerb one of my wheels which they admitted liability too and they repaired this free of charge.

At my request I asked them not to drill holes in my front bumper to put the front plate on, so I made a number plate up at work and took it to the body shop with some double sided tape. This will be coming off at some point soon when the car gets a clean up so I can remove any residue without ruining the new paint.

I topped up my oil at work and screenwash. How exciting. Also bled the brake system and topped up the brake fluid recently.

I'm going on a 600 mile round trip next week to visit family so just checked over a few bits.

I have a hole in my hub which has been cross threaded which I am in the process of resolving too.

Ordering black grilles from BMW end of this month and then it will be on to my steering wheel and brake upgrades and taking it easy for a while and just enjoying the car.

Oh and chopping so arch / fender liner out because it is chomping my tyres.
Appreciate 0