View Single Post
      09-08-2018, 06:01 PM   #64
335iAP
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 & F26

Hey everyone, really cool X1s in here. Almost makes me with I got one instead.

Coming over here from the X3/4 forums looking for some advice. Stock tire size on the X4 is about 245/50/18. I'm upsized to 255/55/18 all around. I had to modify the fender liner to eliminate all but some very slight rubbing on full lock in reverse. With my upsized tires, I'm sitting about 1.5" higher than stock without a lift.

There are some pics of my car here if you're interested: https://www.instagram.com/alpine_f26/

Anyway, I'm thinking about a lift either with spacers, springs, or springs + shocks. My main concern is, given that I'm already sitting 1.5" over stock, another 1.5" through springs might be a bit too much for the suspension, both in a comfort/handling sense and in a camber/wear+tear sense. With all that said, I have a few questions:

1. Those of you with the eibach springs, how has the ride changed/not changed? On one hand, I've seen positive reviews of the increased stiffness, but also some people saying it made the ride uncomfortably harsh.

2. At 3" of total lift with the tires and springs, would shocks be a necessity or at least advisable? How have those of you with the Bilstein B6 liked them?

3. Would a simple spacer lift perhaps be the better option? My main goal is a sturdier, more aggressive stance than stock, butif the camber, shocks, etc. are too troublesome to deal with for a bigger lift I may just downsize the tires and stick with springs only.

Really appreciate any help you guys can offer!

Last edited by 335iAP; 09-08-2018 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 0