c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF View Post
I bought my Macan S on launch day (5/14/14)...cash price of $62K. Sold 5/20/19 for $38K....that's $24K depreciation for 5 years and 56,000 miles. It was in showroom condition, and $400/mo depreciation was fantastic. I don't think future resale will be quite as strong due to higher pricing (new comparable S today would be $12K higher), and little updating has occurred due to anticipated conversion to electric. It was a fantastic ride. Great handling without the punishing ride, great design, great sound...I bought the right car at exactly the right time. Wanted the newly designed Cayenne, but the X5 was just too close to the Cayenne...more goodies, same power, way less $$$. Love my X5 (but wish it looked/sounded as good as the Porsche).
I was very close to getting an X4 M40i, but felt it was just lacking that little extra. I said in a previous post that if the X4M had been out, I probably would have stayed BMW. Once I drove a regular Macan and then Macan S, I was like wow. But then I saw an awesome deal on a CPO Turbo that was just a bit more than I was expecting to pay and have to say, there isn’t much that can touch it IMO in its segment.
Appreciate 0