Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I've tried, unsuccessful at that, explaining to people that social media is nothing more than a very clever marketing/advertising tool. When a product is free, you are the product.

Of course they don't want to date someone who isn't on social media, they don't want to be made to feel inferior by dating someone who can think for themselves or need affirmation for going to McDonald's for lunch.

I agree and disagree with this. When I was on facebook, the amount of successful encounters with ladies was off the charts. Some simply use social media as a form of a "dating" pool. I'm to a point in life where this no longer means anything to me. I know that I can get ladies so it's no longer a challenge or even something I'm all that interested in. I've left that lifestyle and have been with the same girl for almost 2 years now; life is just much simpler this way and I'm much happier of a person.

On a side not that coincides with this thread; I've spent most of my morning getting my right rear tire repaired. Tires are less than 2 months old and I picked up a screw at a car wash this weekend because some asshole wanted to clean his truck bed out in the car wash stall. I spend more of my time cleaning up my mess after working on projects than the actual project to ensure I don't leave anything behind for someone else to clean up. On my way to the second tire store, because the first refused to patch the tire, I end up hitting someone's exhaust (full exhaust, muffler and all) in the middle of the road. Why can people simply not pick up after themselves.
Why not just plug it yourself? It is cheap, easy, and takes <30mins start to finish.

Sucks about the bad day. That is usually a sign to just go back home and sleep it off.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0