View Single Post
      12-26-2016, 01:44 PM   #42
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
Haven't decided on camber plates. These A/T tires wear so slow I may not even spend the money on them, others have reported around 40-50k miles IIRC. Uneven wear + flipping tires so the worn side goes from outside to inside to promote even wear should go a long way. Driving dynamics in the twisties aren't what they should be with current alignment specs but that's not my goal with the X1 so it's okay.

Have you heard of Colorado Mountain Rally? They offer some pretty cool tech and info for building older CR-V's and RAV4's for off road. Dare I say it kind of makes me want to pick up a first gen CR-V.

http://www.coloradomountainrally.com/

Hitchgate was one of the first recommended to me by a buddy, they're one of the more known companies to make these I believe. Probably great product but you pay a price to get the name as well. I'll have to do some digging but I had found an option that more or less sat the spare over the hatch glass. A custom built can accomplish it also, probably a bit more precise too. If you were local I'd say we should roll up together to try and get a discount haha.

Dammit man, chatting about this makes me want to spend money on the X1 again, bad influence!!
I have not heard of them but yep, sounds like what I've seen lately too. Actually makes me miss my old CR-V a LOT. The "RealTime 4WD" was pretty useless though.

Yeah I think its a good thing we live far away from each other, we'd definitely be horrible influences on each other.

Im just tossing around ideas though, I'll be doing a Yakima roof rack in the spring. I'll revisit the 5th wheel hitch mount after that.
Appreciate 0