08-12-2016, 11:56 PM   #62
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njerts View Post
The 35i and 28i with the same options had exactly the same firmness when I drove them back to back.
They shouldn't. The suspension (in the Sport models at least) is a tuned suspension, which is factory adjusted slightly harder on the 35i due to the 160 lb higher weight and beefier brakes.

The M-Sport suspension is even harder, and what I prefer for tossing the little car around on country roads. The 28is I tried felt like grocery getters, slow off the line, and yes, a softer suspension to the point that the wheel hit the wheel well when driving over ruts. I can see it being more comfortable and economical, but not nearly as fun to drive.

And to the other poster here, yes, a 35d would have been nice. Even greater torque, and little problems passing or accelerating up a hill even with a full car. But, the American market doesn't want diesels, so...
Is a future rwd-biased hybrid crossover, like an X1 version of the i8 too much to hope for? Where the electric is used for power and not mileage?
Appreciate 0