View Single Post
      11-14-2016, 12:02 PM   #70
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

I just went over 50,000 miles, about 2 weeks from my four-year purchase anniversary. Had last "free" maintenance at about 49,600 then went on weekend trip, LA-SF area. My dealership went chintzy on me, I feel, on that last free service - it had been just over a year since my last oil change but the alert was not on. They just "topped me off" and didn't reset it. They also claimed that my brakes were in great condition and recalibrated the service alert for another 15-20K on each. I'm fine with that. So basically they just performed an inspection.

I wish the tires didn't have another 10-15k in them. I have the Goodyears and they've been good RFTs but they are a bit noisy and very sensitive. I don't need to feel it when I run over a leaf. Think I'll try the Bridgestone DriveGuards but that seems to be a bit away, unless I decide to just go for it after 4 years of service with the Goodyears.

How much longer will I keep the X1? Indefinitely. My second car (Audi A3 Cab) is a lease that ends January 2018. Things seem to be changing fast in the auto world, with more electric vehicles, autonomous driving, etc. But as long as the X1 stays strong and reliable, I'll keep it. No extended warranty here.
Appreciate 0