View Single Post
      03-31-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
spoolinX1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

Pulled the trigger on Aftermarket X1 Xenon Headlights

After reading a couple of half explained posts from people on various forums regarding Chinese Xenon Headlight housings, I decided to pull the trigger and check things out myself. I've read some complaints (Never fully explained) and also some extremely vague, yet positive reviews. I will be documenting my Halogen to Chinese Xenon Headlight upgrade here. Everything I stumble upon will be posted for you guys to see. Hopefully my investment helps you guys get a better grasp on things.

The headlights were ordered from Aliexpress.com
Seller name: Guangzhou Liyuan Automobile Center Yonghong Automobile Accessories Trading Firm
Product Link: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6...66361010161882
Price: $620 plus $170 shipping to New York, USA. $790 total
Date Ordered: March 20th, 2015
Date Received: March 31st, 2015
Notes: Package only took 11 days to arrive. It was delivered through EMS who handed the box off to the Post Office within the United States. There were no taxes or duties on the package when it was delivered.

At the time you order your housings, the seller offers to include HID bulbs and error cancelling ballasts for an additional $50.00. I strongly considered it, but ultimately ended up skipping out on them. I feared that the quality of the ballasts would be bad, and there is absolutely no warranty when you're dealing with a seller halfway around the globe. I ordered Kensun Premium ballasts and Error Cancellers from Amazon for three reasons:
  1. I've heard very good things about them.
  2. They come with a 2 year warranty.
  3. The warning cancellers were 50% off with the purchase of a bulb and ballast set.

Here's exactly what I ordered from Amazon:
EDIT 7-8-15 - I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THE KENSUN PRODUCTS FOR OUR VEHICLES. BATTLED A RANDOM "DOOR AJAR" ERROR WHEN THE LIGHTS WERE FLICKED ON FOR A COUPLE MONTHS BEFORE I SWITCHED TO A RELAYED SETUP FROM XENON DEPOT. Please read further into this thread (7/8/15) to see exactly what bulbs, ballasts and error eliminators I ordered.
Kensun H7 Bulbs and Ballasts here (I selected 6000K)
Kensun Warning Canceller & Anti Flicker Capacitor here

Total investment at this point is $867.48 (US currency). Here are screen shots of my actual orders in case the price fluctuates down the road:
View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Stay tuned. I will be sharing everything with you guys. Next post will be what I actually received and my initial thoughts. I'm sure there will be plenty of edits. If anyone has any questions, please send them along.

Last edited by spoolinX1; 07-08-2015 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 0