View Single Post
      03-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #34
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

This seems like a good thing.

I wonder if it also registers deer or other large animals on the sides of roadway. What I've heard (from the few folks whom I know who've hit deer) happens is that the creatures are doing their thing -- grazing, playing, fighting, mating, etc. -- on the shoulders and then they, for whatever reason, decide to leap into the road and that's when they collide with cars.

I would like to know that there's a deer hanging out over there on the side of the road so I can begin to slow down in anticipation of it's decision to cross/enter the roadway. Since there's rarely much of interest actually in/on the roadway for large herbivores/omnivores, I know they haven't a plan to just linger there, so odds are the ones the computer spots already in the roadway aren't the ones I need to worry about. That said, sure, some of these creatures do travel in herds, so one in the road may portend several others being on the side of the road.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0