View Single Post
      10-28-2015, 04:24 PM   #84
zero-2-sixty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxman View Post
Saw the new X1 yesterday at my local dealer. Wow I just don't get it ... overall I don't think the design looks that great at all. I was expecting/hoping to be impressed. Everyone is raving on how much of on improvement it is over the e84, especially in the looks department. I don't think so at all. I like the looks of my e84. And I especially like my 6 cyl engine, steering, etc. The f48 seems like a step backwards IMHO.
It is only a step backwards for performance enthusiasts. For the intended audience it is fine, a little pricey with loads of options, but it provides a larger cabin, smooth ride, updated interior scheme and materials and good gas mileage. Don't expect it to be an athlete like the E84 - that is not its intended purpose. We all lament the platform change; yes, we performance junkies feel like we got screwed over bigtime, but we are a small segment and BMW is not building the F48 to appease us. Savor and baby your E84 35i as it was likely the last of its kind BMW will build for quite sometime. Maybe BMW will throw us a bone and build a 350HP+ subcompact SAV X2. Question is how many would buy it on a FWD platform.
Appreciate 1