04-10-2021, 05:32 AM   #7125
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
If you listen, you will appreciate, and enjoy some of the greatest music ever. I think, anyway.
Funny, you left out one of my favs, "Oh Darling".
I hear it as a great love song, with McCartney bawling out his emotions!

"Style:
"Oh! Darling" is a rhythm and blues song incorporating elements of doo-wop and the New Orleans rhythm and blues sound popularised during the 1950s and early 1960s by musicians such as Fats Domino;[16] it also seems to have drawn on the Louisiana swamp blues sound found in songs like Slim Harpo's "Rainin' in My Heart" and Charles Brown's "Please Come Home for Christmas". Furthermore, it may have drawn on the related Louisiana genre known today as swamp pop, whose distinctive sound bears an uncanny resemblance to the basic structure of "Oh! Darling" – so much so that some in Louisiana originally thought the song had been recorded by a local musician.[11] (When swamp pop musician John Fred met the Beatles in London in the 1960s, he was shocked to learn that "they were very familiar with Louisiana music.") Fittingly, swamp pop musician Jay Randall eventually covered "Oh! Darling" for the Lanor label of Church Point, Louisiana."

Murf

Last edited by Littlebear; 04-10-2021 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
Esteban44246.50