View Single Post
      05-13-2020, 08:19 PM   #1
Fez_7
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Kids electric ride on cars

Has anyone bought their kids an electric ride on car, like a mini BMW for example? My little girl's 1st birthday is next week and I've always wanted to get her one of these but most of the cars I've seen online recommend a minimum age of 3. Has anyone got their kids an electric car younger than this and if so how have they managed with it?

She can sit up on her own, it obviously has a seatbelt to fasten her in and they come with a remote control for parents to drive them around in until they're old enough to control it themselves. I just wanna know whether it will be okay for her to use now or whether it's best to wait until her 2nd or 3rd birthday?

Ideally I would take her out to a shop for a test fit/drive but with the UK in lockdown at the minute the stores are closed so I would have to purchase online instead. Also, I'd be looking to get one with a 12V battery, how long does this usually last from people's real-life experience (websites say usually up to an hour)?