View Single Post
      02-28-2019, 01:13 AM   #18
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I kinda have both (I have CSR, wife has AmEx Platium, she had CSR but cancelled to get AmEx Plat).

Both have travel insurance, not sure about lost luggage and flight delays (I know CSR has them and we just got the AMEX card in December so I’m not sure)

CSR, $300 travel credit, can use it on hotels, car rental, flights, tolls, and even parking.

AP is $200 and they make you jump thru hoops to get it. only receive credit on a pre designated airline for extra costs like baggage or extra charges but not on actual flights.

I selected Southwest and was able to purchase gift cards with them for $200. I think you can do the same with AA

CSR 3x travel and dinning. AP 5X on travel, 1% on dining

CSR gives you 50% bonus when you book hotel/air/car rental thru them. They use Expedia and I have found their prices to be 1-5% more than Expedia or direct booking. The 50% bonus more than off-sets the slightly higher prices. Example. I booked 8 nights in Bali at a hotel that was about $140/night if you booked directly with the hotel. CSR was $150/night. But by using points and 50% bonus, I used 80,000 points (equivalent of $800). I saved $400 or 40k points.

AP has Centurion and Admirals lounges
AP has $200 Uber credits ($15 for Jan-Nov, $35 for Dec, that's how they give you $200. So, if you don't use $15/month, you lose it and do not carry over to next month. You can also use Uber Eats for this).
AP has $100 Saks Fifth Avenue credit ($50 Jan-June $50 July-Dec). Another use it or lose it type of deal.
AP also has partnerships with various online and brick and mortar shops where you get things like $20 off $100 purchase or bonus points. I’ve already used it from Oakley and saved $20 off $100. So, that’s worth something too.

Both has Global Entry and Priority Pass, so that's a null.

CSR $450 Annual: True $300 travel credit, it brings it down to $150
AP $550 Annual: $200 Sudo airline credit, $200 Uber, $100 Saks. It's $50.

CSR gives you 50k after you spend X amount. AP gave us 75k. Someone said they received 100k, you can check online to see if you qualify for it, we did not. (I forgot what the link, you can probably google it)

My wife travels more so we decided due to additional lounge access, it was better to put it under her name and vs. mine.

For those using CSR, I would highly recommend getting the Chase Freedom Unlimited and use it for non dining/travel as they give you 1.5% vs. 1%. Since all your accounts are linked, you can transfer the points from FU to your CSR rewards to max out the bonus 50% travel bonus when booking with Chase.

I know your original question was which one is better, for $200 out of pocket and additional lounges if you travel, it’s totally worth getting both IMHO. If you don’t travel very much, then maybe AP if you can fly SWA or AA after buying GC to bring your out of pocket costs down.

I hope this helps.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 2