06-10-2019, 03:37 PM   #78
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
no one remembers the penalty Hamilton had 11 years ago between Kimi.. he had to cut the chicane like Vettel said "where else he could ve gone" even gave back the advantage, overtook Raikkonen again but they took his victory after the race.. no one was telling that FIA was killing the sports.. action is on 1:15..

I don't see how that incident is really comparable to the current one though. Hamilton appeared to cut across a paved section while attempting a pass, possibly allowing better traction than if he was accelerating out of the corner (not saying he actually took advantage or not) and then immediately came back and passed Kimi. I still would've been upset if they made that penalty known during the race while they were still battling (Kimi crashed directly after anyways though haha). I'm guessing he wouldn't have gotten the penalty if he had waited until the next corner.

This incident wouldn't have been so bad if they had just waited until after the race to give a penalty. It just killed the suspense of the race halfway through. If you wanna penalize for something like this just hold out until post race, so the racing can at least continue for everyone to enjoy.

Last edited by Bartledoo; 06-10-2019 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0