View Single Post
      11-06-2016, 02:41 PM   #7
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

So I got in there and removed the cradle. My question is the damn wiring. What did folks do? I traced it back to a couple of places - on the left there is a connection but I could not figure out how it disconnected. On the right it also looked to go into a connection but I was not sure if it was a single wire or not.

Edit: I decided to removed the wiring from the cradle and tuck it into the panel. Then once that was done I bought up a second hand adapter for an iPhone 5 and removed the electronics from it. I got the connect version. 84.21-2 351308 though not made for the X1 it works. I mated the electronics from the cradle to the adapter. And stuffed that all in the back which is covered by the console back panel. To stuff it back in I had to move some of the other wiring harness connectors and remove the 12v outlet so to have enough room.

I added a two foot Lightning Extension Cable. Which is connected to the original lightning connector and run through the opening back into the center console. Voila connected iPhone. It works with iPhone 5/6/7 etc. And if Apple changes connectors I can just swap out the cable.

Last edited by BeEmVe; 12-02-2016 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0