View Single Post
      12-08-2020, 12:33 PM   #20
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Jalopnik actually started an interesting discussion for once.

Historically I'd say Japanese cars. I never cared for the RX7, Supra, NSX, Miata, etc. Never did as a kid and still don't. Something about Japanese cars just isn't appealing to me emotionally. I'll throw in most supercars as well besides the more attainable and/or historic models like F40, Diablo, Countach, 360, F430, etc. Now there are so many supercars and supercar brands that the novelty wore off.

As a kid I was really into trucks and Jeeps but that changed when my dad got his first 3-series. I started valuing vehicles that are both "fun" to drive and well built and haven't looked back since. BMW was that brand for me and more recently Porsche fits the bill.

As a result; Audis, Mercs, and most modern BMWs don't do anything for me, most notably the crossovers. They are all objectively "nice" cars but are mostly soul-less to drive and incredibly common. 5-series, X3, X5, etc. are at every stop light and Costco parking lot. I'm not interested in spending that kind of coin to blend in with everybody else.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25104.50