View Single Post
      10-29-2021, 08:32 PM   #6
v34l
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i

I installed the 12.3" screen from 4X4.ca last weekend. WIP pics:

Had to mess with the settings a bit to get the OEM screen to display right. The UI of the OEM screen would be cut off and the E84 settings all were various fails:

I think I ended up having to pick the F48 NBT setting, and it's all gooder now!

I really wished there was a video of taking the HU out of a 35i. What a PITA. It's one of those things after I had it all apart, I thought "wow, if I only knew about those 2 stupid tabs, I could have saved 4 hours." Oh well. I might upload a video when I get to phase 2 of this project.

While the center console was out, I removed the phone cradle. Here, I have a ESR Halo window mount in the cupholder of the armrest for now:

Future state, I want to print a holder that'll hold my iPhone 12 Pro Max and utilize the USB in the armrest so it looks stock.

Also took the opportunity to replace the shift lever for a LED one. Yeah, I'll be that guy.

The LEDs in the console don't light up now to correspond with the gear selector, because why run that 5th wire?. I'm going to redo the harness because the Chinesium one is hot garbage with Dunlop connectors on it.
Appreciate 0