View Single Post
      07-31-2020, 12:06 PM   #102
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftkeylife View Post
I had a T in PDK. I absolutely loved it. I much prefer the Porsche 3.0 over BMWs 3.0 twin turbo engine. For me, I prefer the more linear powerband, and the way it still revs to redline like an NASP car. It also has a great sound and is a bit reminiscent of the air cooled 911s. Throttle response is so good and really almost no sign of any turbo lag. Just such a balanced car all around.

My wife and I are looking for another M3 (wouldnt have sold my other has I anticpated buying another but that was a while ago now) and we test drove an individual Grigio Medio over Cohiba Brown M3 Competition with DCT. I had not driven DCT in a while, but it felt awfully slow on downshifts and a bit lazy on upshifts (was on fastest setting in all sport plus modes), at least compared to PDK.

Stunning car. You can certainly gain some good power on these with a full exhaust and tune. Is this a 6 speed or PDK?
Thanks, it is a PDK.....Amazing transmission, but I miss the manual

It just took so long for a white on black with x73 with the platinum Satin Carrera S wheels and sports steeering wheel to pop up that I didn't mind trying out the PDK after hearing everyone raving about it and don't get me wrong it is an amazing transmission but I wish it was MT to tell you the truth, but it did make it an easier sell to the wife and launch control is pretty fun....there's just something about a manual that's hard to replicate
Appreciate 2