fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Honestly, because he's an asshole.

He didnt go with me for my first appointment. He only went to one scan, the down syndrome scan to "make sure our baby was normal." He was disappointed in that scan because the technician told us I was carrying a girl and he didnt want a daughter. He wanted a son. After that scan was over was when I got the results that I carried the SMA gene and it would be wise to test him to see if he had it too so we would know what our options were and if our baby would be at risk. Regardless, he wouldnt go because he was a dick. Either way I would have loved her anyway. He wasnt even there when I gave birth to her. Why? Because Sales Manager meetings are more important to him to be in attendance for. I labored and gave birth without him there. He strolls in the hospital an hour after she was born and wants to hold her? No way. Get away from me.
You can see why I had extreme post pardon depression. I live in a two story home with the upstairs open to below layout. I had many thoughts of throwing myself over the railing and visions of hanging my self with an internet cable from the chandelier in the foyer. It was awful the first two months. I cried non stop. Now I look back and cant believe I ever thought those things but it's really true about how depressing it can be.
Why'd you decide to get pregnant with him? Were you married beforehand?

These are personal questions that I wouldn't bother asking in most any other circumstances but you don't seem to mind getting all personal.

EDIT: Just read the circumstances. Hard to have much pity for you. You knew what you were getting into when you decided to try to have a kid with this guy who's twice your age. The inability (or woeful ignorance) to see the warning signs and the actions that result from that have their consequences. Only unfortunate thing in this instance is that you decided to learn this lesson the hard way. Anyone viewing this situation with a clear head and from a third person perspective could've told you that there's really no scenario where this whole pregnancy thing would've ended favorably for either you or him.

OP, take the trip to get your M3 if you want. Just be prepared to sleep in your car for the foreseeable future upon your return. You can get an M3 whenever you want, a child birth isn't something you experience often.
Appreciate 0