View Single Post
      05-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #12
spoolinX1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

OK, so I was able to isolate the sound yesterday. It is definitely coming from the uppermost portion of the strut area on the drivers side. The passenger side does not make this sound at all. I thought that maybe my strut nut was loose, so I backed it off a little, then re-tightened it to proper torque. There was no difference in sound whatsoever.

Now that we know that the upper strut nut is tight and the three bolts holding the upper strut mount to the car are also tight, does this sound like I have a failed upper strut mount?

Here's a video of the exact sound with the dust cap removed and the strut tower brace pulled to the side. This is me pushing downward on the car in the front driver's side corner: https://streamable.com/09gj0.

It's driving me crazy, as I get this sound everytime I travel over a small bump and also any time I come to a complete stop or begin traveling from a stop. I can feel it in my brake pedal too. It does not make any abnormal sound when turning the steering wheel.

Last edited by spoolinX1; 05-10-2018 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0