Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
If this were sold in the US, it would be on my short list. This is by far the most compelling EV yet. This car is very compact - 10 inches shorter than the new Golf, and 18 inches shorter than a Model 3.

The only thing they need now is an AWD model with twice the power (400hp+). When that happens (when the first high performance MEB vehicle drops) - and I'm not saying it will be soon - its going to catch almost everyone, not least of which the perennial haters, completely off guard.
This. I am open to an all electric car, but I want it to be as "fun" as other sporty cars in the same price range. This has the makings of that possibility.

Doesn't need to be a rocket ship, but 0-100k times should be in the mid 5 to low 6 second range to make it a legit exciting car, along with some reasonable handling prowess and a decently short steering ratio.

My biggest issue as it comes to electric cars is that I don't want to change anything I am doing now to own one. I don't need a super long range, but I need the ability to charge anywhere without difficulty. Heck, even overnight is fine, if the range is 300 miles plus, for me. But most of these cars need upgraded electrical connections in the home or are difficult to find charging locations for in the rural south.

Until this resolves itself, they aren't worth the hassle for me. But if I could charge this car to replenish what I drive in a day (about 60 miles roundtrip to work and back) overnight from a standard household outlet, then it would be a winner for me and I would probably buy one.