View Single Post
      02-19-2019, 08:17 AM   #3386
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Yes, of course girls do it too. It's cowardly and immature. Prior to texting, it was expected that people break up in person. Just a couple weeks ago, someone just asked my friend out for coffee to tell her he wasn't interested after a couple dates. In my opinion, that's just a waste of time for everyone. A simple ten-second text is all that's needed.
I could see going out for coffee to end things in the event that this had been going on for a few months or sexual congress had been entered, but just a few dates. Yeah this seems a bit pretentious on his end.

I met a girl on a dating site years ago. She was attractive, smart, educated and the conversation was good...but I reek of "bad boy" and "trouble" to most women....it's an interesting mix of reactions from ladies; only those that can hang, do. This girl was an only child from a devout christian family. Church every Sunday, never smoked a cigarette, had only had a few drinks of wine total in her entire life. I'm covered in tattoos, my language could make a sailor blush and my life has been riddled with bad decisions but DAMN GOOD times. Obviously this wasn't going to work out but she was intrigued with how someone could ride both sides of the fence with being professional, well spoken, educated and yet the devil at the same time. The point of all this is that she did take the time to send me a message one day stating that she had been talking to someone else and there was a stronger connection there as he fit her lifestyle a little better than I did. Perhaps I should have taken this differently but I laughed about it. The point is that I greatly appreciated her honesty in stating this. She didn't make a big production about it, but it was short, sweet and to the point. I still applaud her for this.

Funny side story: I responded to her message with something to the affect of- "I can't believe you've done this to me. I was in love with you and wanted to spend the rest of our lives together." By the time I hit send on the second message that read, "I'm totally joking, I sincerely wish you all the best. Thank you for your honesty. It was pleasure getting to know you" she had blocked me. She honestly thought I was serious and blocked my ass! I still laugh about this sometimes.

Last edited by King Rudi; 02-19-2019 at 08:22 AM..
Appreciate 3